COOKIE NOTICE: Sage Housing uses cookies to store information on your computer, in order to improve your experience when using our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site (using your browser), but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about the cookies we use, click here.

anti-social behaviour

It is important that you enjoy living in your home and your neighbourhood. Our tenancy agreements contain clauses requiring residents not to do or permit anything that causes a nuisance or annoyance to their neighbours or others in the locality.

Customers are therefore responsible for the actions of all members of their household, including children, lodgers, animals and visitors.

We take our obligations to tackle anti-social behaviour seriously therefore, sage will take enforcement action where terms of the tenancy agreement have been breached.

To read our Anti-Social Behaviour Policy, please click here.

Report anti-social behaviour

You can report anti-social behaviour:

  • online via the portal
  • or by, calling Places for People's General Enquiries on: 0845 266 0735 or 01772 666 214

Remember: if there's a threat to life or a crime being committed ring 999.

What is anti-social behaviour?

  • violence or threats of violence
  • hate crime and harassment
  • domestic abuse
  • criminal activity - including using homes to sell drugs
  • noise nuisance
  • verbal abuse
  • damage to property/vandalism
  • nuisance from vehicles
  • pets causing a nuisance
  • intimidation
  • drug abuse
  • domestic violence or abuse
  • alcohol or solvent abuse
  • boundary disputes, rubbish, fly-tipping and untidy gardens
  • nuisance involving children or teenagers
  • graffiti

What you can do

Talking to the person causing the nuisance may help. Explain politely how their behaviour is affecting you. Often the person is not aware that they are causing a problem.

If the problem is excessive noise you can also contact your local authority's environmental service. Under the law, local authorities have a duty to deal with any noise that they consider to be what's known as a 'statutory nuisance'.

What we'll do

If the case is serious you'll be contacted by us within 1 working day by a Place manager at Places for People.

In more serious matters such as those listed below we will refer cases to other local agencies, such as the Police:

  • harassment, including hate and race hate incidents
  • violence or threatening behaviour
  • criminal behaviour, including drug use or dealing
  • domestic abuse and violence
  • persistent threats or verbal abuse
  • persistent and serious neighbour noise

In all other cases you will need to complete our anti-social behaviour form in the customer portal. We will assess this within 5 working days.