About the role
This new role as our Service Quality Manager is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join our talented Operations Team and be responsible for monitoring terms of contracts and standards being delivered by management companies across our sites. The role will ensure that the best possible service is being provided to our residents across the country.
The role is a combination of mobile and home-based working, travelling to sites all over the country therefore your own car is a necessity. You will be out meeting key personnel and site staff, fostering and creating new relationships and ensuring the services provided to our residents match our high standards.
In this practical role, you’ll combine your confident understanding of block management and contracts with your impressive customer focus. You will be the face of Sage, providing a responsive, proactive and visible presence on Sage sites to monitor and troubleshoot issues reported by residents and liaising with our managing agents to ensure they are maintaining homes and communal areas to agreed standards.
You will bring your existing knowledge and experience of customer focus, block management or aftercare to the role. You will be dealing with complex estate issues, managing agent relationships and ensuring Sage residents receive excellent aftercare and estate services.
You will also play a key role in the performance monitoring of managing agents, feeding into our assessment of their performance.
Key duties include
- Be the key relationship manager and contact for Sage’s management companies who have been appointed by the developers to provide estate and communal services on estates.
- Present and monitor information gathered to senior staff and establish areas of improvement.
- Develop and hold a detailed understanding of our management company contracts and monitor these to ensure the best possible service is delivered.
- Regularly monitor and Inspect our homes and estates across the UK, in line with the service standards set out in the management agreement whilst observing health and safety requirements.
- Work alongside our service charge team to establish if costs have been reasonably incurred and billed in line with covenants stipulated in the lease and any relevant legislation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with resident management companies (RMC’s) across the UK. Meeting key members as and when required.
- Ensure lease covenants are being enforced and adhered to across all sites.
- Create and deliver a robust monitoring system for estate and/or block inspections and utilising feedback from residents to ensure standards are being delivered.
- Using resident feedback and data to create and deliver an approach to provide Sage with valuable business intelligence to inform management company choices on future acquisitions.
- Actively manage any disputed or complex issues with management companies, residents, MP’s and staff to progress cases, provide regular updates and bring them to a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
- Help establish new sites across the country, collating key documentation and setting clear guidance to Sage residents on the services to be delivered and expected.
- Oversee contractual disputes, seek appropriate support from colleagues and external advisors where necessary; and take overall responsibility for ensuring solutions are delivered quickly, effectively, economically and to the resident’s satisfaction.
- Support the Head of Contracts to monitor the performance of Sage’s main managing agent (Places for People) and their delivery of the contract standards on our estates, blocks and communal areas. This will be through attending sites, quality checking that standards are being maintained.
- Provide a flexible on-site presence, to trouble-shoot when issues occur, and a Sage Operations representative is required to attend. For example, if a new home is broken into prior to occupation, or to support colleagues to arrange key transfers in the event of an emergency.
- Make arrangements with alternative service providers, such as repairs contractors for ad-hoc property, estate, block or communal works.
- Attend emergency or urgent issues which are outside of management company or managing agent responsibility.
- Establish excellent working relationships across Sage to excel in the role and support colleagues to achieve Sage’s collective strategic priorities.
- Provide information and assurance to Sage’s Management Team, to provide assurance to our investors, Board, Exec and other key stakeholders. This includes providing both regular and ad-hoc reports to a range of audiences.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety, for adhering to Sage’s Health and Safety policies and for your colleagues.
- A confident communicator, you will be comfortable holding management companies to account, having difficult conversations whilst maintaining relationships.
- You are organised and efficient with your time and self-manage, whilst being comfortable asking for help or guidance when you need it.
- You are self-driven, accountable and embrace change and opportunity.
- Pro-active and take a creative approach to relationship-building and problem solving.
- You are decisive whilst working at a quick pace.
- You have a natural customer focus and it is a consideration in all that you do.
- You are self-assured and tenacious as a lot of what you’ll be doing will be following up with colleagues and/or third parties such as management companies or developers.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in a similar role, having been successful in either a block management, resident liaison or aftercare manager role.
- Understanding of legal lease structures
- IRPM or ARMA Membership, or the ability to undertake the necessary training
- Good knowledge and experience of management company monitoring and management.
- Ability to work independently
- Sound understanding of property maintenance and defects
- A full UK Driving License
- Experience in developing and implementing processes for effective management company monitoring
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.