About the role
We are looking for Team Manager to join our office-based team in central London. The ideal candidate will be degree educated or with relevant experience in a data, project/contract management role.
The contracts team analyses and issues large volumes of data internally and externally this is then provided to a 3rd party in order to manage our ever-growing housing portfolio and tenants. We aim to reach 20,000 units in our program by the end of 2022. The team also providing administrative support for all property related activities to ensure we achieve our aim to be a first-class provider of affordable homes.
You will be responsible for measuring, maintaining and improving the contract teams’ performance. The teams’ success is measured against KPI’s set out in the management contract as well as maintaining key stakeholder relationships. You will be responsible for working through others to establish ways of streamlining and automating these functions and processes where possible. This is currently taking place via a series of business improvement projects you will be responsible for running as part of your day to day role.
You will also be expected to improve our current processes by looking in from an outside perspective using agile project management methods such as SCRUM. You will work with the Head of Contracts to implement meaningful KPIs and reporting methods on the efficacy of the team and data being transferred sent to external parties.
You will often need to work to tight deadlines, while maintaining the highest standards of work product expected from the business. You will primarily work within the contracts team but may be expected to work on projects across Sage.
- Responsible for ensuring that the data generated by Sage for transfer to third party agents is of a consistent high quality and give confidence to partners.
- Managing ad-hoc business improvement projects within the Housing and Property Services department.
- Ensuring data transferred externally is 100% accurate reporting any areas of weakness and identifying how inaccuracies can be rectified.
- Managing the teams’ day to day support needs
- Managing change within the team as new systems and processes are rolled out. Support the team in using these
- Working through others to ensure the contract runs smoothly, meets its KPI’s and any urgent matters are escalated through the appropriate channels
- Build and maintain relationships with our managing agents
- Leading and inspiring the team into success
- Monitoring team performance by setting and exceeding tangible targets
- Support your team to put in place creative and new ways to address and exceed business objectives and performance targets.
- Supporting other areas of the business in identifying and proposing improvements on data quality
- Setting and monitoring realistic targets for the team and being a role model
- Writing board reports
- Knowledge of start-up environments and ways of working
- Leadership experience
- Working in a data led environment
- Experience in SCRUM management
- Management experience in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Project management experience
- Experience of identifying areas for improvement and tracking these through to fruition
- Communicate clearly, accurately, concisely and in plain English
- Proactive and keen to learn
- Actively participate in a dynamic and constantly adapting environment
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team but also manage own workload.
- Be polite and courteous to all
- A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
- 2 years management experience, ideally in a start-up environment
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.