About the role
Due to the continued growth of Sage Housing an exciting opportunity for a high-quality Reporting Accountant has arisen.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this new role is responsible for timely delivery of statutory reporting for all Sage entities which is to be fully compliant with prevailing accounting and housing standards. The Reporting Accountant will be a key point of contact with our External Auditors and support the Financial Controller in the planning, preparation and execution of the External Audits for Sage’s legal entities. Supporting the system of internal control, the Reporting Accountant will play a key role in supporting the Internal and External audit function as well as maintaining compliance with our Regulator and other key stakeholders.
- Preparation of management and financial accounts and associated audit information for multiple Sage entities under UK GAAP
- Key point of contact for both Internal and External Auditors, preparation of “Prepared by Client” audit papers and financial reporting notes, along with ownership of the audit timetable, acting as monitor to ensure smooth running of the external audit processes
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of reporting obligations with the Regulator of Social Housing and Homes England
- Undertake monthly reviews of Financial Statements to ensure strong controls and real-time capture of documentation required to support Internal & External Audits
- Ownership of Balance Sheet reconciliations, co-ordinating the timely and accurate completion of reconciliations with responsible parties within the Finance function
- Business partner to the Internal Audit, Legal and Company Secretarial teams to ensure a robust control environment and that filings are made on time and are compliant with prevailing standards
- SME for accounting policies, controls and procedures – support the system of internal control avoiding waste, errors and fraud
- Continuous review and improvements to controls and processes
- Supporting Financial Controller in monitoring performance against compliance calendar
- Supporting key stakeholders around Sage, such as Tax, FP&A and Treasury teams
- Ad hoc duties as necessary to ensure this role evolves as Sage continues to scale
- You will be highly numerate and analytical with a strong financial accounting background (within the property/housing sector would be an advantage)
- Demonstrable ability to assist in whole-company consolidations, pre-audit work and audit facilitation
- Familiar with the system of internal control, procedures and policies
- Familiar with the full spectrum of accounting processes of the property/housing sector including exposure to Housing SORP and the Housing Accounting Direction
- Experience in preparation and presentation of high-quality reports and analysis related to statutory financial information to internal finance and non-finance staff up to C-suite and other external parties such as NEDs, investors, auditors etc.
- Experience preparing audit schedules and assisting auditors in their inquiries
- A personable and collaborative leader who is responsible, diligent & professional
- An ambitious, high-achiever with excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint required.
- Experience in QL an advantage
- A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree)
- ACA/ACCA qualified, practice trained, with experience working with housing clients desirable
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.