About the role
As a result of fast growth and associated growth in complexity, we are currently seeking to add a further Rent Accountant to join our finance team. This role will work alongside our existing Rent Accountant and will support the Financial Controller in delivering across all areas of this role, which is a key conduit between Sage’s Finance function and Places for People (PfP), our national housing manager.
Key duties include
- Liaison point both internally and externally with regards to all financial entries related to rental housing manager PfP, ensuring transactions posted are reconciled appropriately
- Assists in maintenance of rent ledger and responsible for posting rent journals to general ledger, along with servicing Rent email inbox
- Responsible for reviewing service charge actuals and updating rent ledger for correct service charge amounts to tenants annually
- Ownership of Net Operating Income (NOI) P&L lines, posting accruals and prepayments plus reviewing accounts to ensure high degree of posting accuracy. Also, includes processing of property related invoices
- Completing and maintaining monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assists in the maintenance of Shared Ownership Direct Debit payment file to ensure correct rents captured timely from tenants, as well as maintaining and reconciling cash book entries
- Works closely with Management Accountant and Accounts Payable teams to ensure smooth running of month-end processes
- Assists in managing reservation fee process along with Assistant Capital Accountant
- Supporting the year end statutory accounts production and audit process
- Preparing and formatting ad hoc reports and analysis on request
- Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy
- Experience of maintaining the rent ledger for a housing association
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Property sector experience essential, preferably gained within a Registered Provider
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & experience of Aareon QL
Qualified accountant, preferably CIMA, ACA or ACCA.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.