About the role
The postholder will be responsible for coordinating and validating Sage’s landlord property compliance information and records for new builds and existing properties, analyse data to prepare statistical breakdown for reports, as well as providing administrative support for all property related activities to ensure we achieve our aim to be a first-class provider of affordable homes. The postholder will have an eye for detail and an ability to see the picture behind the numbers, also coordinate the information we receive from our Project Managers on the new homes we acquire from our developers, to ensure our property data is high quality and up to date at all times.
Finally, this role will work closely with colleagues across the business and with our managing agents to continuously identify ways to ensure that our data and records meet our high property compliance standards.
Key duties include
- Responsible for checking that pre-handover of new homes, all property compliance data and records (such as safety certification) are complete, accurate and up to date, raising with our Project Managers any ‘open’ issues (gaps, errors etc) and continuing to monitor them until they are compliant.
- Responsible for preparing a breakdown of statistical information, analysing and presenting trends. Prepare reports that may involve the use of VLOOKUP’s, pivots tables and graphs.
- Responsible for managing integrations between data models and spreadsheets. Cleanse and map data and identify the best usage of existing tools and with a view of improvements to enable robust reporting system.
- Responsible for dealing with defects queries and updating defects management records with a lean approach to manage defects. Issue, weekly, status reports in confirmation of open, closed and abortive issues together with the appropriate objective evidence. Customise the Defect reporting mechanism required for the proposed engagement.
- Responsible for checking the compliance certificates against Sage’s standards for individual properties and blocks, to ensure they are compliant, and liaising with Project Managers where they are found to be non-compliant, to get them reissued by developers.
- Responsible for coordinating data on Sage’s block and communal areas, to update the Asset register and database records, arrange and report on fire risk assessments (FRA), Communal EICRs, Gas Safety and legionella risk assessments (LRA) to be completed on those areas.
- Responsible for tracking where FRAs have been completed and ensuring that actions recommended in the assessments are recorded in an action tracker. Responsible for monitoring the actions and updating their status until they are achieved/compliant and update FRA summary report. Liaise with Sage’s Management Companies to ensure their compliance, for example where they are responsible for carrying out FRAs.
- Coordinate communications, recommendations or requests for information from safety enforcement agencies and fire authorities on matters of landlord compliance and best practice. Keep clear records of these, for Sage to report on and learn from them.
- Responsible for liaising with Sage’s managing agents and project management team regarding property compliance information, such as providing updates about new sites handing over and new development pipeline.
- Provide support to the Homeownership Services and Letting Services teams to ensure all property data and documents are recorded prior to tenancies commencing. Accountable for ensuring all required data and documents is stored, and for tracking and monitoring any outstanding information until ‘open’ issues are resolved.
- Support with general administrative tasks relating to property and operations services, such as coordinating regular handover meetings, or taking action points at meetings. Occasional travel maybe be required.
- Support the reporting and monitoring of defect repairs, through taking the information from residents, reporting it to defect customer care teams, recording them on our database and follow up and check if they have been completed.
- Establish excellent working relationships across Sage to best achieve the role and support colleagues in their roles to achieve Sage’s collective strategic priorities.
- Experience of coordinating data inputting and monitoring, using a database and analysing data
- Experience of using Excel from intermediate to advance level.
- Data analysis skills, and how to prepare ad-hoc reports required across the business.
- Knowledge of statutory compliance within social housing sector
- Excellent personal responsibility and working with initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and works in a careful, considered way
- You are self-driven, accountable and embrace change and opportunity
- You are pro-active and take a creative approach to problem solving, checking in to ensure your ideas are workable
- You are decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- You put the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You are good at identifying risks, using your analytical skills to understand potential issues and how to avoid them
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.