About the role
We’re recruiting for an experienced Project Manager (Northern Home Counties) to project manage a portfolio of new build residential construction projects from pre -start through to completion of build and the end of defects. You will do this by monitoring Employers Agents, ensuring the agreed quality of standards and design brief is achieved, along with ensuring the project is delivered on time and on budget.
You will provide the link between the Acquisitions team and Operations Team to ensure a smooth handover of both rented and shared ownership homes.
- Liaise with the Head of Acquisitions to understand the pipeline of projects – progress of projects at HoT stage and the delivery dates of units.
- Work with the Head of Acquisitions to ensure the draft contract documents are in line with our internal process.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the projects on site ensuring the Housing Team and Sales team are kept updated on progress by updating our internal systems.
- Manage & monitor project costs against the agreed purchase price.
- Process stage payments in line with the contract.
- Tendering Employers Agent & Clerk of Works opportunities and then appointing the successful consultant in line with our internal process.
- Attend Regular meetings on site with the EA.
- Ensure the EA collates the information required for us internally.
- Obtain valuations prior to handover.
- Attend snagging and back snagging and ensure the units are up to standard prior to handover.
- Ensure all compliance handover documentation is retained on the scheme and filed for the Operations team to view.
- Attend fortnightly meetings with client-side to ensure progress is reported on projects and delays or issues are highlighted.
- The units are added onto our insurance.
- Experience of working in social housing or a development environment.
- Experience or, and knowledge relating to the development delivery and project management process.
- Experience of managing a range of development agreements.
- Extensive experience of Project Management and delivering successful outcomes.
- Experience of managing projects with agreed parameters.
- Track record of delivering excellent service even whilst working under pressure.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations calmly and assertively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Is a Team Player.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful relationships with Contractors /Developers and Employers Agent.
- Take ownership for actions and is accountable for delivering outcomes.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to demonstrate an organised and systematic way of working with strong
administration and record keeping.
- Able to prioritise effectively and manage a busy workload
- Welcomes and is positive about change and improving services.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office and experience of using databases.
- Positive, enthusiastic, energetic and with business acumen.
- Able to plan and manage own workload to achieve deadlines.
- A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.