About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a post-graduate having completed a law degree or an alternate degree followed by a Graduate Diploma in Law with at least two years relevant experience. The selected candidate will join our in-house legal team in a wide range of real estate work which supports and contributes to the day to day activities of the acquisitions and sales departments, as well as other more general business needs including funding.
To be successful the candidate will be able to demonstrate that they work well within a team, but are also confident in taking on their own responsibilities whilst receiving supervision and training.
- Handle administrative duties including analysing and inputting data, organising and maintaining documents on electronic filing system
- Update internal records with the progress and terms of each acquisition
- Assist with site acquisition due diligence, which includes ensuring all agreements adhere to our requirements
- Review and advise on section 106 agreements and how they relate to the affordable housing units
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with buyers, external solicitors and the team
- Assist with reviewing and advising on Reports on Title
- Assist with shared ownership transactions e.g. lease review, staircasing and re-sales
- Conduct legal research
- Draft correspondence and documents
- Law degree or alternative degree followed by Graduate Diploma in Law
- At least 2 years relevant experience, ideally relating to residential development and/or the social housing sector
- Clear and effective communication skills in both oral and written English
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work load
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Mature, hard working, self motivated, eager to learn
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with time pressured projects
- Ability to use IT systems, Excel knowledge is a must
- High level of attention to detail
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.