About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a real estate solicitor to join our in-house legal team. This is a varied role with emphasis on section 106 acquisitions, but will also involve financing, advising the management team on a range of issues and general support to the wider business. To be successful the candidate will be able to demonstrate that they work well within a team, but are also confident in taking on their own responsibilities whilst receiving supervision and training.
Candidates should be 0-3 years PQE, working in a residential development team (preferably specialising in social housing) in a city or leading regional firm.
- Assisting and advising regional heads of acquisitions on all aspects of section 106 acquisitions, including title due diligence and contract/transfer negotiation
- Instructing external solicitors on section 106 acquisitions and other transactions
- Reviewing section 106 agreements
- Work relating to finance and charging
- Negotiating nomination agreements
- Advising the management team in a wide range of matters
- Assisting the sales and delivery teams (as well as other departments)
- Legal research
- 0-3 years PQE in residential development, ideally in the social housing sector
- Clear and effective communication skills in both oral and written English
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work load
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Mature, hard working, self motivated, eager to learn
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with time pressured projects
- Ability to use IT systems
- High level of attention to detail
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.