About the role
The role of Capital Accountant is a pivotal role in the Finance team reporting to the Lead Accountant and responsible for leading the accounting for acquisitions, construction and disposals and the payment process around fixed assets. The role also collaborates in leading the associated budgeting, reporting and tax calculations.
The Capital Accountant works closely with the acquisitions, project delivery, legal, tax, FP&A, and leadership teams of Sage to ensure accurate and timely reporting, forecasting and responses to ad-hoc enquiries.
The role will hold Line Management responsibility for the Assistant Capital Accountant.
Key duties include
- Leadership in preparation of accounting for fixed assets, and maintenance of the register
- Leadership in preparation of materials for the approval of fixed asset acquisition payments and cashflow forecasts for capital requirements
- Leadership in liaising with other departments of the firm to ensure efficient management of fixed asset accounting
- Lead SME for fixed asset accounting policies, controls and procedures
- Preparation of documentation required for audit purposes and leadership in dealing with fixed asset audit queries
- Mentoring and training junior accounting team members
- Qualified Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures pertaining to fixed assets
- Solid understanding of the calculation of VAT, CIS & SDLT liabilities and compliance with the relevant statutory filing obligations
- High levels of attention to detail and diligence
- Highly numerate with confident communication skills
- Solid written communication abilities
- Able to forge strong personal links with business partners
- Detailed knowledge of Excel (pivot table, vlookup, etc.); experience of QL advantageous
- Strong desire to improve current working practices and systems
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
To apply for the above role please send your CV and a cover letter to our Head of Human Resources by clicking here.